Thursday, April 1, 2010

not your ordinary coloring book






My kids have caught me coloring in this book without them...it is just too much fun. I love it because it's more than just "coloring inside the lines," and it pushes my kids to be creative. Each page has a small drawing of some sort and at the top are suggestions for finishing the picture. For example, on one page there is a drawing of an elephant. At the top it says, "The elephant is cold. Can you draw some warm clothes on him?" I've found that this book can always frighten the "I'm bored!" monsters away.

We've also gone through Taro Gomi's other coloring books, Doodles, Scribbles, and Squiggles, which I highly recommend as well. They cost just a little more than grocery store coloring books, but they are HUGE and you'll get hours of creative time from one book.

No comments:

Post a Comment