Thursday, April 8, 2010

cold weather=baking experiments



I haven't felt like doing much of anything lately with all this snow and wind. Except BAKE. I figured that if the weather is crummy, at least we can be cozy inside with something good to eat. :)

This past weekend I just had the urge to try some new bread recipes, which is actually really funny since I used to have a fear of making bread. I could never get it to turn out. But I think I finally got the hang of it. I've been making my own wheat bread for about the past year for a few reasons: it saves money, it rotates my food storage, and best of all, it makes the house smell so GOOD! It tastes better than store bought bread too.

Anyway, so this weekend I branched out and made a couple French baguettes, a loaf of Italian bread, and a batch of cinnamon rolls. All firsts for me. I couldn't believe they actually turned out! Plus yesterday I made the weekly wheat bread too. YUM. I think I'm ready for a break from the kitchen now...

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, just reading this made me smell baking bread. I am going to try your wheat bread recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those loaves look soooo good! I wish I could have a slice. If it weren't for my diet, I'd run over right now! I'll have to try making your wheat bread.

    ReplyDelete