Saturday, April 17, 2010

he really is fantastic

I don't know which I like better, the book or the movie. I have always been a big Roald Dahl fan, and I think his books make the best movies. I can't believe this film was only in theaters for a couple of weeks this past holiday season, it deserved to be in much longer.

I LOVE the stop-motion animation style in the movie, and the music is so charming and fitting. However, I do think the original story is more sweet, since Mr. Fox isn't quite so egotistical in the book as he is in the movie. And he has more kids to take care of. But I highly recommend both. If you've never read this one, it's time you did. Pick it up and you'll have fun reading it in about an hour.

Here's a fun peek into the making of the film.

We watched it as a family and had our favorite movie treat...caramel popcorn (a recipe from my friend Heather) Here's the recipe for you:

Mary Jane's Caramel Popcorn

1 stick of butter
1 1/4 c. corn syrup
3 c. packed brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
a couple huge bowls of popcorn

In a heavy medium sized saucepan, combine corn syrup and brown sugar. Cook and stir until it comes to a boil. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Add butter. Continue cooking and stirring until mixture form a soft ball (I cook it to about 235 or 240 degrees on the candy thermometer). Remove from heat and pour over the popcorn.

Sometimes we don't use all the caramel at once, so we store half of it in the fridge, then heat it up to use for the next week's movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment