Saturday, August 15, 2009

How Do You Feed 30 People Singlehandedly?

Double this recipe, then double it again. I'm taking this to Lake Powell this week for when it's my night to serve dinner...phew! Big families are the best though, especially Clayton's. Should be fun...I have a feeling some funny memories are about to be made! As always.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

1 Tbsp. oil

1 large can pineapple chunks with juice, undrained

1 Tbsp. soy sauce

3 Tbsp. vinegar

1/2 c. sugar

2 T. flour or 1 T. cornstarch

1/4 c. water

1/4 bag of frozen meatballs (from Costco-about 30 or 35)

2 green peppers, diced

In a large saucepan, mix oil and pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple). Cook over low heat for a few minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. In small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth, then add to the pan. Cook over low heat until mixture is thick and smooth. Add meatballs, canned pineapple, and green peppers, and simmer until heated through. Serve hot over rice.

(This freezes really well!)

Thanks Carrie for this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Heather,

    Thanks for referring me to Brandy's blogs, did you know it was blogs!! Incredible. I emailed her hoping she might give me some advice. Hey I had another crazy thought regarding my blog heading. It just popped into my head while I was in the shower (probably too much information). Anyway, I am trying to go with sudden thoughts. Maybe that's inspiration. I am sure that you have heard me talk about how I never know when you know who is trying to tell me something. Am I going on too long? Well, my blog banner involves you. I just want to see what you think. Do not be afraid to say no. Call me if you get this and I will talk to you about it.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete