Wednesday, March 30, 2011

amos mcgee



Every morning Amos McGee would get ready for a day of work at the zoo.

He played chess with the elephant and ran races with the tortoise...they were his good friends.

One day Amos woke up with the sniffles so he stayed home. His friends decided to catch the bus...

and come take care of him.


A few weeks ago I read an article about this year's Caldecott winner...can you imagine winning such a big award on your FIRST book? Please let that happen to me, please let that happen to me....

I had to see this book for myself, so I reserved it at the library.

The pictures are sweet with nice little details throughout. The story {written by the illustrator's husband} is just as good as the pictures.

I'm adding this to my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment