Tuesday, June 8, 2010

strawberry wonton salad

I know. I haven't posted in forever. But I've had the cleaning-dejunking-organizing bug, so I thought I should take advantage of it while I had it. Dropped off 6 huge garbage bags full of stuff we never use to the D.I. today. Man, that felt good! Also, I was out of town for a week before Memorial Day. So I have more posts to come, but I thought you'd like this recipe if you have a bbq or family party coming up. This is my all time FAVE. I made it last night for my mom's birthday dinner and there was not even a piece of spinach left in the bowl when the party was over.

Strawberry Wonton Salad

Dressing:

2 T. red wine vinegar

1/3 c. oil

1/4 tsp. salt

2 T. sugar

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 c. strawberry jam

Mix all ingredients together until well blended (a blender or food processor works best). Set aside.

Salad:

15 square wonton wrappers, cut into thin strips

1 pkg. fresh baby spinach

1 large head red leaf lettuce,

washed and torn into pieces

1/2 c. red bell pepper, chopped or sliced

1 red onion, thinly sliced (I rarely add these, I don't like raw onions!)

1 c. strawberries, sliced

1/2 c. sliced almonds, toasted

1/3 c. bacon, cooked, drained and chopped (optional)

Fry wonton strips in cooking oil over medium heat until light brown. Drain on paper towels. Mix greens, peppers, onions, and strawberries together in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss. Add nuts, wontons, and bacon last.

No comments:

Post a Comment